Maybe Youre a Mori Girl.Posted July 19 2012
Do you like loose flurry dresses? Layers? Ethnic clothes? Warm colors? Ear muffs? Ponchos? Cute things? Antiques?
If you do, maybe you’re a Mori Girl.
The word “Mori” means the forest or woods in Japanese. When joined with the word “girl,” the Japanese refer to it as a “girl you might find in the woods.” The creator of the Mori Girl community on mixi (which is Japan’s largest social network) has jotted down a couple rules - here’s a peek into the first ten:
· You like loose fitting dresses
· You always wear dresses and skirts
· You prefer slightly quirky clothes over simple ones (but you don’t like loud and flashy clothes)
· You look natural, but with your own style
· You are particular about fabrics
· You like ethnic clothes, too
· You wear A-line clothes
· You like wearing dresses that little girls would wear, too
· You like smock-like dresses and blouses
· You don’t like super sweet fashion (like Lolita)
(see here for the full list)
So would you find yourself to be a Mori Girl? If any of Asian iCandy’s clothes can find a spot in your closets, then certainly you are! We have an exclusive Mori designer Dear Li.
Here are some Mori Girl suggestions from Asian iCandy: